Case Manager Generalist Safe Parking East Los Angeles
Adult Services | East Los Angeles, CA | Part Time and Temporary
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Case Manager (Generalist) provides intensive case management services to eligible clients, meeting participants at least weekly. The Case Manager is the primary point of contact to coordinate services and care for assigned clients. Each Case Manager handles a caseload of individuals in need of a wide variety of human services resources and provides the full range of services available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts comprehensive screenings and assessments with individuals (or families) to collect functional, environmental, psycho-social, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information, as appropriate, to develop an Individualized Service Plan that identifies priorities, desired outcomes, and the strategies and resources to be used in attaining the outcomes.
- Following Assessment, prepare with the client a Housing Stability Plan that is a roadmap of services needed, actions to be taken and referrals to be made.
- Conducts housing focused case management sessions dedicated to assessing and reassessing needs, educating participants, monitoring progress of plans towards resolution of the participant’s housing crisis. Maintain HRIS data on participant, report progress monthly.
- Provide service linkages and support systems to ensure identified needs are met, coordinate with outside service providers.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Associate’s Degree (Social Work, Social Services, public administration, public health or related field) OR Equivalent job experience (2 years)
- At least 1 year of general experience in case management
- Case Management ethics, HIPAA, Programmatic standards of operation and clinical engagement, clinical documentation methods, client focused ideology.
- Basic Microsoft operating system navigation, outlook, word, excel, power-point.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to work a regular schedule provided by your direct supervisor.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Dependable, collaborative, have regular/dependable attendance, be prompt, positive mindset, flexible, organized, Client Focused.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Social Work, Social Services, public administration, public health or related field)
- Knowledge of services available in area for participants.
- HMIS navigation
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.