Case Manager Entry Project RoomKey Airtel
Adult Services | Van Nuys, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOA - LA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Project Roomkey - Airtel
Project Roomkey is a collaborative effort to secure hotel and motel rooms for vulnerable people experiencing homelessness. It provides a way for people who don’t have a home to stay inside to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Project Roomkey aims to not only protect high-risk individuals, but to also prevent the spread of the deadly virus in our communities and protect the capacity of our hospitals and healthcare system. The Project Roomkey program will provide temporary housing for people experiencing homelessness who are not COVID-19 positive or symptomatic, but are vulnerable to complications should they become infected with COVID-19. Participates in Project Roomkey, individuals must be 65 years of age or older or have underlying medical conditions or be medically compromised.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Case Manager (Entry) provides intensive case management services to clients classified as low acuity, serving on a team that is the central point of contact to coordinate services and care for assigned clients. These positions serve individuals and families residing in interim and permanent housing. They support and provide services in the areas of assessment; care planning; coaching and social support; connections to direct services; care coordination and system navigation; education about the health and social service system; outreach and engagement, and capacity building for individuals who were experiencing homelessness and are now mostly housed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assessment – Work as Part of a team to conduct assessment of participant strengths and needs.
- Coaching for Social Support of participants
- Care Coordination, Case Management, System and Housing Navigation
- Advocacy on behalf of participants before other clinical, agency and community settings
- Capacity Building – Motivate participants and connect them to appropriate programs
- Outreach and Engagement – locate assigned participants, secure a safe place while resolving needs
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High school diploma (or GED/High School Equivalence Certificate)
- 6 Months of experience in case management
- Entry Level Position – Basic knowledge of Case Management ethics, HIPAA, Programmatic standards of operation and clinical engagement, clinical documentation methods, client focused ideology
- Basic Microsoft operating system navigation, outlook, word, excel, power-point, internet browser.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate orally and in written English.
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Ability to use computer to input and retrieve routine data
- Build rapport with those encountered in all aspects the work day.
- Build trust, act trustworthy
- Active listening (reflective listening)
- Follow instructions and VOALA procedures
- Learn and apply principles of client-centered, strength-based counselling (including the principles of the recovery model and trauma-informed practice)
- Able to identify successes, challenges, and barriers impacting the completion of plans prepared for clients.
- Apply principles of professional boundaries and ethics to on the job situations
- Able to de-escalate threatening/volatile situations with clients, or in the workplace
- Current California driver's license and clean driving record
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.