Case Manager - CAL OES XH Transitional Living Program
Adult Services | Anaheim, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Case Manager will arrange, monitor, and deliver services related to meeting the needs of CAL OES XH Transitional Living program participants.
- Delivers quality services in a positive youth development trauma informed, culturally sensitive framework.
- Models and maintains appropriate professional boundaries to include contact with participant via technology such as in the form of text messages and/or email communications.
- Manages a caseload of clients; develops an individual service plan with participant input; maintains case files.
- Conducts comprehensive client assessments to collect functional, environmental, psychosocial, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information as appropriate to develop a case plan.
- Develops support systems to meet client needs by identifying and coordinating a variety of available services necessary to maintain independent living, and, when possible, self-sufficiency and family stabilization.
- Collects necessary documentation for CAL OES verification purposes.
- Provides supportive counseling and advocacy for clients.
- Refers participants to available Community providers for therapeutic, social, educational, and medical resources when appropriate.
- Conducts crisis intervention as necessary.
- Monitors and verifies services provided to each participant on a regular basis, determining quality and effectiveness of services provided.
- Monitors and documents progress of participants via comprehensive case notes and service plans.
- Inputs participant information into secure computer database such as Service Point and/or Clarity
- Actively participates in weekly supervision with Program Manager
- Participates and assists with outreach events.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 1 year of experience in mental health, substance abuse treatment, and/or homelessness
- Experience with client note taking and entering of information into secured databases
- Knowledge of positive youth development and trauma informed care principles
- Demonstrated ability to follow outlined agency and contractual policy and procedures and follow agency protocol
- Strong computer skills: Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to relate with a wide variety of professionals and clientele
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation
- Ability to follow directions from Program Manager
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with people from varied backgrounds
- 1-3 years of direct case management with youth in residential treatment preferred