Case Manager - Cal-OES Housing Program
Adult Services | Wilmington, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Human Trafficking Case Manager will work in conjunction with the Program Manager and other program staff to identify and provide intensive case management and crisis intervention to survivors of human trafficking in a comprehensive wrap-around case management approach utilizing a trauma-informed, strengths-based, culturally sensitive and survivor-centered model. Priority will be given to hiring a survivor of human trafficking.
- Develop strategies with other VOALA staff to help identify, target, and provide survivor-driven, participant-centric, timely and professional case management, support and resources in a trauma-informed care model for survivors of human trafficking, ensuring confidentiality and protection of identity as necessary
- Complete initial intakes to include safety planning, crisis counseling/stabilization
- Work with participants to conduct assessments and develop Individual Service Plans
- Provide active support and advocacy, including providing and/or coordinating transportation and accompanying survivors to navigate services as indicated in the ISP, including employment, educational, legal services, emergency shelter, health, mental health, substance abuse and other stabilizing services that may benefit the participant. This including assessing and linking survivors' children with needed services
- Assess the need for emergency financial assistance and distribute as appropriate, ensuring proper accounting and documentation per VOALA and Cal OES protocol
- Actively manage case files and daily progress notes per VOALA and Cal OES protocol
- Actively participate in care coordination teams to ensure an intensive wrap-around approach to service delivery, including aftercare, for survivors
- Actively participate in weekly supervision with Program Manager to process transference and counter transference issues that may arise with service delivery
- Participate and assist with community awareness events, including providing survivor awareness and identification training to law enforcement, FBOs and CBOs
- Maintain and build partnerships and coalitions with other community and government agencies providing relief to human trafficking survivors
- Participate with other staff on a rotating schedule to provide an immediate, sensitive response for survivors on a 24/7 basis, including coordination with law enforcement
- Bachelor's Degree in social work, psychology or counseling from fully-accredited college or university; substantial experience may substitute for a college degree
- Two years of experience working with survivors of sexual abuse and/or human trafficking, along with in-depth knowledge of service delivery system issues
- Training as a Human Trafficking Caseworker pursuant to Evidence Code § 1038.2.
- Bilingual (Spanish) and survivor of human trafficking preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from various backgrounds and/or limited English capabilities
- Valid California driver's license, insurance and reliable transportation preferred