Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Case Manager handles a caseload of individuals. The responsibilities are summarized as:
- Conducts comprehensive screenings and assessments to collect information needed to develop a case plan.
- Link clients to mainstream benefits and supportive services for housing, health care, domestic violence, substance abuse, veteran's assistance, legal assistance, employment and education as determined is needed
- Develops goals and timelines for service delivery in accordance with requirements
- Maintains documentation for caseload of clients with respect to activities and progress to goal satisfaction
- Establishes and maintains contacts with providers of supportive services within and outside VOALA
- Bachelor's degree in social work or related field (or a combination of education and experience may be considered)
- 1 - 2 years’ experience working in field of homelessness or other related support services
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- 1 - 3 years of experience with a diverse client base preferred
- Database experience (HMIS) strongly preferred
VOALA is an Equal Opportunity Employer