Business Process Analyst
Evaluation and Monitoring | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Evaluation - Corporate
Serving those who serve others. The Evaluation Department assesses the effectiveness of our programs through consultative approaches coupled with extensive data analysis. Based on results, the Evaluation staff works with the program to identify and implement strategies and processes for continuous improvement.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Under the direction of the Director of Evaluation and Monitoring, the Business Process Analyst will review and evaluate assigned Social Service and Corporate processes in order devise best practices and support continuous improvement. The Analyst with experience in social service delivery shall evaluate selected existing processes and identify required events, process sequencing, and workflow then propose and facilitate improved process. Assist programs and corporate supportive services to implement workflows.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze Programs and Corporate Functions in order to determine the proper sequences of workflow to help facilitate process as well as build up capacity for the program and overall corporate function.
- Build workflows and create connections between software through APIs using SQL
- Obtain broad knowledge of program contracts and grants and their requirements
- Ensure processes meet requirements
- Support programs as they implement improved processes
- Create and maintain database of improved processes
- Other duties as may be assigned by Director of Evaluation and Monitoring.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration or other social science related field or an equivalent combination of education and years of experience (4 years)
- 5 years’ experience in data analysis or quality assurance in a business setting (public or not-for-profit)
- 3 years’ experience in database operations/management
- 2 years’ experience serving nonprofit organizations
- Proven knowledge of human services
- Knowledge of non-profit funding, via contract, grant, or fee-for-service
- Strong skill in computer programming and SQL
- Strong skill with database operations and management
- Strong skills in data analysis for quantitative and qualitative research.
- Strong Microsoft suite skills, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Office, Outlook and Word.
- Familiar with internet applications and online data collection tools.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Process and work facilitation, able to have diverse groups work cooperatively and effectively.
- Planning and Execution -
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple short-and long-term projects simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail and constant focus on data quality
- Communication -Great oral and written communication skills – an ability to speak to people of all backgrounds working in a variety of settings and locations
- Ability to present complex technical information to diverse audiences in an understandable format.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Ability to travel to various workplaces in Southern California, Valid California driver's license and current, full coverage auto insurance.
- Interest in working in a non-profit environment, and a belief that collaboration is key to program success.
- Comfortable working independently, with experience working in a team environment.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Familiarity with and certification in Integrify or other similar IT system
- Working knowledge of Medi-Cal regulations, especially relating to provision of substance abuse treatment
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.