Biller, Medical (Central City Recovery)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Central City Recovery
Central City Recovery is a substance abuse treatment program for adult men (age 18 and over) offering those who meet medical necessity for residential treatment and are eligible or have Medi-Cal or My Health LA benefits and reside in LA county. Wrap around services are provided including assessments, case management, treatment planning, individual and group counseling and linkage to community resources. Women and youth interested in substance abuse treatment are referred to gender specific and age appropriate programs at SCADP and VOALA.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
While maintaining patient confidentiality and information security, the Biller, Medical will review, track and submit for review, patient service records. This position will work closely with the Operations Coordinator to ensure billing accuracy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review all intake billing related documentation in SAGE: CalOms, Financial Eligibility, Treatment Authorization, ICD 10 codes, Client Consent, and Clinical contact information
- Verify timely completion and data entry of treatment notes to ensure accurate billing claims
- Verify essential treatment note information (i.e. units of services, time start and end time)
- Daily, weekly, and monthly review and data entry of billable services
- Develops, records, and distributes monthly reports, and/or general information as needed
- Generates treatment services in SAGE and submit to Program Manager or designee
- Monitor and review denied claims and resubmit treatment services
- Maintain and store all billing supportive documentation as required by State guidelines
- Assists in maintaining confidential files in both physical and electronic forms
- Assists management in reconciling data
- Provides general office support including but not limited to answering phones, scheduling ASAM assessments, faxing, scanning and taking staff meeting minutes
- Other duties as required to meet program goals, subject to change as needed
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High School or GED with strong math skills
- 1 year of experience with Medi-Cal billing and/or data entry experience
- Understand billing and coding language
- Strong Computer literacy, familiar with Database entry; Microsoft operating systems including: Office, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Ability to accurately and effectively compose correspondence and reports.
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
- Detail oriented, accurate, analytical, organized and meets established deadlines
- Good typing skills including 10 keys
- Associate Degree or medical coding certificate
- Familiar with SAGE billing/database
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.