Administrative Assistant (Training)
Human Resources | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Human Resources - Corporate
Serving those who serve others. The HR Department of VOALA is dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to those who aid our communities’ most vulnerable.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
As part of the Learning & Development team, the Training Assistant will support multiple training-related activities to ensure departmental operations run smoothly and will help provide excellent service to the organization. The candidate must be able to function independently, effectively prioritize his/her work, and be willing to suggest new ideas and innovations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assists with the training scheduling and logistics including (but not limited to):
- Scheduling and/or booking training rooms in both in-house and rented locations
- Assigning participants to training classes
- Printing and coordinating the distribution of training materials
- Arranging food and beverage service for training
- Providing appropriate participant and instructor communication
- Preparing training spaces for classes (e.g. moving tables, chairs, setting up electronics)
- Gathering feedback from trainers and trainees after training sessions
- Maintaining up-to-date training records and database(s)
- Overseeing the inventory and ordering of training products and supplies
- Validating that trainees have log-ins for training systems
Provides administrative support of online systems including:
- As directed, ensure employees are added to and removed from online systems
- Assigning courses to learners
- Following-up with learners, instructors, and/or management based on report information
- Running, scheduling, and reviewing reports
- Researches and maintains a database of outside trainers’/training resources on frequently-needed training topics
- Researches and maintains a database of training facilities
- Other duties as required and is subject to change at any time
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- A minimum of two years of experience in training coordination, as administrative assistant, or any other similar role
- Hands-on experience coordinating multiple events (e.g. training, large-group meetings) in a corporate setting including booking space and arranging catering
- Experience working with information in a database (e.g. data input, creating and running reports)
- Demonstrated computer proficiency; including word processing, spreadsheet, and education/development software.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong Microsoft Word & Excel skills; comfort with the Windows 10 operating system.
- Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing including proper use of English grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others – on own team and across departments
- Positive, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude that views challenges as opportunities
- Solid commitment to making sure things are done right and on time
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to identify areas for improvement
- Ability to accept and apply feedback
- Associate's Degree (combination of experience and education of 2 years)
- Previous work in a learning & development / training-related role
- Familiarity with social services and related issues
- Familiarity with training jargon and processes desired
- Previous work with online training portals/systems
- Bilingual in English and another language (written and spoken)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.