Administrative Assistant - (The New Barracks)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The New Barracks is a residential Harm Reduction, Safe Haven program providing transitional housing to single Veterans who suffer from substance abuse, mental disorders, and chronic homelessness. Case management, transitional housing, food, life skills counseling and referrals to the VA where they receive mental health counseling and access to various benefits. The goal of The Barracks is to establish for clients permanent housing, and to help them attain any benefits they may qualify for. Must have an Honorable Discharge to qualify.
The Administrative Assistant, will support the Program Manager by coordinating office services, such as personnel, budget preparation and control, billing, housekeeping, record control and special management studies. Administrative Assistant will ensure the team is kept apprised of meetings and compliance deadlines, maintain confidential files, coordination of personnel records, facility requirements and licensing regulations, and professional licenses and regulations.
The duties are summarized as:
- Studies management methods in order to improve workflow and reporting procedures
- Types correspondences, reports, memoranda, proposals and financial statements
- Maintains materials from the master files, classifies material, prepares and creates new file folders as
- Answers telephones, refers calls and distributes messages to respective parties. Schedules appointments and meetings
- Coordinates collection and preparation of operating reports, attendance records, termination, new hires and budget expenditure
- Works with VOALA Corporate office to coordinate purchasing procurement, accounts payable and personnel
- Tracks the billing and submits to the funder (Veteran Affairs)
- Associate of Arts degree in Business Administration or Management Science preferred
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in an administrative office environment
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Power Point, Publisher, and Excel)
- Current California driver's license and clean driving record
- Team leadership, stress and time management skills