Administrative Assistant - (R.I.S.E OC)
Adult Services | Santa Ana, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Administrative Assistant
- Supports the Program manager with the coordination of the office services
- Ensures the team is kept apprised of meetings and compliance deadlines
- Answers telephones, refers calls and distributes messages to respective parties. Schedules appointments and meetings
- Coordinates with Case Mangers to provide support for data entry
- Support Case Managers and advocate in gathering needed supplies for clients (e.g. transportation tokens, clothing, food, etc)
- Works with Program Coordinator to purchase supplies needed and maintain office equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Must have High School diploma or GED, a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age
- Minimum of two (2) years of administrative experience
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills.
- Must be flexible, possess the ability to take direction and enjoy working both independently and autonomously when necessary.
- Must be flexible and willing to work weekends/evenings if necessary.
- Excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks at once with attention to detail; and adapt to change as needed.
- Demonstrates ability of excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office, email and the internet.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (preferred)
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Valid California driver's license
- Team leadership, stress and time management skills