Administrative Assistant (Pomona Hope for Homes Services Center)
Adult Services | Pomona, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Administrative Assistant will support the office staff by coordinating office services, such as personnel, budget preparation and control, housekeeping, record control and special management studies. Administrative Assistant will ensure that the team is kept apprised of meetings and compliance deadlines, maintain confidential files, coordination of personnel records, facility requirements and licensing regulations.
The duties are summarized as:
- Studies management methods in order to improve workflow and reporting procedures
- Types correspondences, reports, memoranda, proposals and financial statements
- Maintains materials from the master files, classifies material, prepares and creates new file folders as needed
- Answers telephones, refers calls and distributes messages to respective parties. Schedules appointments and meetings
- Coordinates collection and preparation of operating reports, attendance records, termination, new hires and budget expenditure
- Works with VOALA Corporate office to coordinate purchasing procurement, accounts payable and personnel.
- May assist in training and overseeing monitors, volunteers and/or interns.
- Coordinate services, such as building repairs, supplies, and distribute mail
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in an administrative office environment
Special Skills Required to Perform this Position:
- Knowledge of office procedures and basic budgeting principles
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel 2010
- Ability to compose correspondence and reports
- Working knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Valid California driver’s license, insurance, and reliable transportation
Preferred Skills for this Position:
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.