Administrative Assistant - FRHS / BFH
Adult Services | El Monte, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Manage phone calls and correspondence
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures with office receipts and expenditures
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, and office data
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in an administrative office environment
Special Skills Required to Perform this Position:
- Knowledge of office procedures and basic budgeting principles
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office
Preferred Skills for this Position:
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.