Administrative Assistant (Caregiver Services)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Part Time and Temporary
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America Los Angeles (VOALA) is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Verbal communication or correspondence with the following:
- Developmental Disabled agencies regarding respite hours, authorizations or needed documents, and with parents or guardians of our clients.
- Enters client and worker data on Access or Service point program software.
- General office duties such as filing, answering phones, and assisting other office staff when required.
- Orders office supplies, type, create, and mail correspondence.
- Prepares client and worker folders, record files, and general filing of records and documents.
- Answers telephone, e-mails, and replies to questions accordingly.
- Participates in organizational functions and maintains informational and/or operational records.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative and harmonious working relationships with program staff, respite workers, families of respite clients, respite business agencies, office vendors, and general public.
- Other task and duties as required.
- Must be over the age of 18 years old.
- Fingerprint clearance is a must prior to employment.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- 1 - 3 years of office and clerical experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and verbal).
- Proficient Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Words and Excel.
- Ability to accurately and effectively compose correspondence and reports.
- Working knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Understands and follows oral and written directions as directed.
- Patience and team orientated.
- Knowledge with Access or Service Point software.
- Working towards an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management Science, or related field.
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.