Admin Asst I RRH CES SPA 3
Adult Services | El Monte, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
RAPID RE-HOUSING (RRH)
The Rapid Re-housing program help families, individuals and youth living on the streets or emergency shelters solve the practical and immediate challenges to obtaining permanent housing while reducing the amount of time they experience homelessness, avoiding a near-term return to homelessness, and linking to community resources that enable them to achieve housing stability in the long term.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Admin Asst I provides general office support, and acts as the office receptionist and telephone screener. Establishes and maintains cooperative and harmonious working relationships with program staff, workers, families of clients, business agencies, office vendors, and general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Admin Asst I will assist in the day-to-day operations of the Program by performing the following duties:
General office duties
- Filing and assisting other office staff when required
- Prepares client and worker folders, record files, and general filing of records and documents
- Coordinates staff training and administrative events
- Participate and assist in organizational functions and events
- Database entry as directed
- Orders office supplies, type, create, and mail correspondence
- Answers telephone, e-mails, and replies to questions accordingly
- Maintains informational and/or operational documents
- Establishes and maintains cooperative and harmonious working relationships with program staff, workers, families of clients, business agencies, office vendors, and general public
- Other duties as required
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum of 2 years of office and/or clerical experience; coursework or a formal degree or certification in Business Administration or related discipline can be combined with relevant experience to meet the time requirement
- Working knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Understands and follows oral and written directions as directed
- Proficient Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Familiar with Database operation/entry
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Ability to accurately and effectively compose correspondence and reports
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
- Prompt, team player, and regular attendance
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field
- Access or Service Point software
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and verbal)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.