Admin Assistant I Temp Head Start Long Beach North Hollywood
Children Services – Head Start – Childcare | Long Beach, CA | Full Time and Temporary
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
HEAD START/EARLY HEAD START PROGRAM
Through our Head Start and Early Head Start programs, we work with children (infant – 5 years old) and their families to provide the skills, confidence and stable home life necessary for a smooth transition into kindergarten and beyond. Head Start positions are generally Monday through Friday.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Administrative Assistant will ensure that the management team is kept apprised of meetings, compliance deadlines and maintains confidential files. Coordination of personnel records, facility requirements and licensing regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer telephones, refer callers, and distribute messages to respective parties. Schedule appointments and meetings. May oversee services, such as repairs, supplies, mail and files
- Implements program operating practices, such as record keeping systems, and budgetary requirements, and performance standards and recommends development of new systems or revision of established procedures.
- Coordinates collection and preparation of operating reports, such as time-and-attendance records, budget expenditure, and statistical records for performance data.
- Type correspondences, reports, memoranda, proposals, and financial statements. Maintains informational and/or operational records.
- Works cooperatively with VOALA Corporate office to coordinate purchasing procurement, accounts payable and personnel.
- Monitor Food allergies
- Order food supplies and manage the storage of items according to established procedures. (As needed)
- Maintain an inventory and record of food service items including quantities and specifications. (As needed)
- Attend meetings and trainings as designated by agency and/or as deemed necessary by Supervisor. (As needed)
- Must have health examination at the time of employment and verification of a T.B. clearance issued within six (6) months prior to employment, renewed when required. In addition, annual Influenza vaccination (between Aug 1 – Dec 1); Pertussis (whooping cough) and measles immunization.
- Must be physically able to perform lifting (50 lbs.), squatting/kneeling, and move quickly.
- Must have access to an automobile with adequate insurance coverage and a valid California driver’s license, or have means to other easily accessible
- Fingerprint clearance required prior to employment
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with and without reasonable accommodation including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Travel between two production kitchens (North Hollywood and Long Beach Kitchen)
- Other duties as required
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 years of office and/or clerical experience; coursework or a formal degree or certification in Business Administration or related discipline can be combined with relevant experience to meet the time requirement
- Knowledge of nutritional practices and principles
- Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of office procedures, ability to compose correspondence and reports, working knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with supervisor, co-workers and the public.
- Ability to develop and maintain central filing system for program records.
- Prompt, collaborative/team player, adaptable, communicator, organized, consistent, and compassionate.
- Knowledge of nutrition practices and allergy restrictions/food substitutions.
- Knowledge of CA driving laws.
- Promotes nutrition curriculum, activities, and initiatives.
- Bilingual English and Spanish (written and verbal).
- Associate of Arts degree in Business Administration or Management Science. (Years of experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-to-year basis.)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.