Accounts Payable Specialist (Corporate Administration)
Corporate | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Serving those who serve others – Supporting over 110 social service programs with responsive administrative efforts.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Accounts Payable Specialist processes invoices for payment. The specialist prepares the voucher package, selects invoices for payment; prepares the appropriate documentation in preparation for disbursement of checks. Communicates with program personnel and vendors to reconcile problem invoices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Codes and matches invoices to receiving documents and purchase orders
- Reviews documents for accuracy; maintains related files
- Prepares documents and enters data in to computer system
- Coordinates with program personnel and vendors to reconcile discrepancies on purchases and payable documents
- Assists in adjusting journal entry input; backs up Accounts Receivable functions
- Assists in the training of new accounting personnel to VOALA accounting practices and procedures
- Other duties as required and is subject to change at any time
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High school diploma (or GED/High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Two years of Accounts payable experience
- Knowledge of 10-key by touch
- Microsoft operating system navigation, outlook, word, excel, power-point, and internet browser
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate orally and written in English
- Ability to use computer to input and retrieve routine data
- Prompt, collaborative/team player, regular attendance, adaptable, communicator, and organized
- Accounting Degree
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.