Accounts Payable Specialist
Corporate | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Accounts Payable Specialist processes invoices for payment. The specialist prepares the voucher package, selects invoices for payment; prepares the appropriate documentation in preparation for disbursement of checks. Communicates with program personnel and vendors to reconcile problem invoices.
The Accounts Payable Specialist:
- Codes and matches invoices to receiving documents and purchase orders
- Reviews documents for accuracy; maintains related files
- Coordinates with program personnel and vendors to reconcile discrepancies on purchases and payable documents
- Prepares documents and enters data in to computer system
- Accounting degree preferred or equivalent education and experience may substitute
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years accounts payable experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to file accurately
- Strong computer skills; knowledge of 10-key by touch
VOALA is an Equal Opportunity Employer