Business Development | Kitchener, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
The Voltera V-One is a desktop factory for circuit boards that allows electronics developers to cut their prototype time from months to minutes!
Back in 2013 we began our mission to modernize manufacturing… to show people that the tools we use can be innovative, beautiful, and elegant. To do that, not only do we obsess over the material science aspect of additive manufacturing, but we place a relentless focus on customer success and user experience (I dare you to find lab software that looks better than ours!).
Our team is headquartered in Kitchener but we have V-Ones in 60 countries around the world! We're not done yet though... we're going bigger and that’s where you come in!
About the job:
We are looking for someone to take over production for current and future products. Initial responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with suppliers to maintain production schedules and quality standards
- Purchasing electrical and mechanical components and assemblies for production
- Maintain inventory levels
- Hiring and managing assembly staff
- Maintain production documentation (test procedures, QA processes, assembly drawings, BoMs, etc..)
- Maintain production tools and equipment
- Assist assembly staff in troubleshooting issues
Candidate will be required to travel to China.
- Background in mechanical and electronics manufacturing
- Extreme attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication
- Bonus points for:
- Fluency in Mandarin
About how we work:
We are a start-up. This may mean long hours at times and the stresses of quickly changing priorities. However, it also means you will have the ability to make and participate in large decisions and the chance to voice new ideas and actually be heard.
There is no hand holding but there is an unspoken understanding that we are all expected to teach and support each other.
We will often just tell you the problem or project we’d like tackled and trust that you can find the best way to solve it.
We refer to each other as family, not coworkers. We have company sports teams and support each other’s interests. Come be a part of our family!