Product Assembly Technician
Operations | Kitchener, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Voltera's first product, the V-One, is a desktop circuit board printer that allows electronics developers to cut their prototyping time from months to minutes!
Back in 2013 we began our mission to modernize manufacturing… to show people that the tools we use can be innovative, beautiful, and elegant. To do that, not only do we obsess over the material science aspect of additive manufacturing, but we place a relentless focus on customer success and user experience (I dare you to find lab software that looks better than ours).
Our team is headquartered in Kitchener but we have V-Ones in 60 countries around the world. We're not done yet though... we're going bigger and that’s where you come in!
About the job:
The Product Assembly Technician role is part of the Production Team at Voltera. This role is split into various functions with the primary responsibility of timely and efficient assembly of our V-One printers and accessories. We are looking for a self-directed individual to join our team who has a high attention to detail and is capable of working in fast paced environments. Other responsibilities of this role include:
- Assembly, inspection and testing of our V-One system and related accessories
- Troubleshoot and rework non-conforming systems
- Assist with picking, packing and shipping of orders when necessary
- Participate in inventory and cycle counts
- Other duties as assigned
- Mechanical/Electrical aptitude
- Broad knowledge of troubleshooting process and equipment problems
- Self motivated with an ability to work in a constantly changing environment
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Grade 12 diploma at minimum
- 2+ years of previous experience in a similar role
About how we work:
We are a start-up. This may mean long hours at times and the stresses of quickly changing priorities. However, it also means you will have the ability to make and participate in company-defining decisions and the chance to voice new ideas that actually get heard.
We will often just tell you the problem or project we’d like tackled and trust that you can find the best way to solve it. There is no hand-holding but there is an unspoken understanding that we are all expected to teach and support each other.
We're not not just coworkers, we're friends. We have company sports teams and support each other’s interests. Come be a part of the Voltera family!