Business Development | Kitchener, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
The Voltera V-One is a desktop factory for circuit boards that allows electronics developers to cut their prototype time from months to minutes!
Back in 2013 we began our mission to modernize manufacturing… to show people that the tools we use can be innovative, beautiful, and elegant. To do that, not only do we obsess over the material science aspect of additive manufacturing, but we place a relentless focus on customer success and user experience (I dare you to find lab software that looks better than ours!).
Our team is headquartered in Kitchener but we have V-Ones in 60 countries around the world! We're not done yet though... we're going bigger and that’s where you come in!
About the job:
This is our first dedicated finance position! Here is what we think it would look like but you'd help shape the position as well:
First 3 months
- Get our books into good shape and start providing monthly reports
- Locate and acquire government funding opportunities
- Account reconciliations and tax remittances
- AR/AP administration
Beyond the first 3 months
- Begin developing departmental/project budgets
- Optimize our inventory management
- Payroll administration and hiring plan feasibility
- Begin identifying risks and opportunities
- Work with other departments to identify and measure their KPIs
- Create dashboards (some programming knowledge would be helpful)
- Own year end tax filing preparation and work with our accounting firm to file or with audit prep
- Implement some HR operations within the company
- Turn data into insights we can use to improve and scale the business
- Identify areas we can benefit from increased reporting or automation
We’re looking for someone that is not at all phased by taking over all finance responsibilities of a company. Someone that can work with incredible amounts of data and metrics, hundreds of files, and dozens of information sources without letting things fall through the cracks. Someone that is self-motivated and knows how to find things to push the company forward without being asked to do so.
We’re all moving at lightspeed and by nature of this role, we’re looking for someone that can find ways to work with teammates without slowing them down. We’re looking for someone that can adapt to constantly changing priorities and responsibilities and someone that can out pivot table our CEO!
Most of all, we’re looking for someone that is a perfect fit with the culture of our company.
To apply send a 1 minute video introducing yourself and why you are a good fit for this position to work[at]voltera.io.
About how we work:
We are a start-up. This may mean long hours at times and the stresses of quickly changing priorities. However, it also means you will have the ability to make and participate in large decisions and the chance to voice new ideas and actually be heard.
There is no hand holding but there is an unspoken understanding that we are all expected to teach and support each other.
We will often just tell you the problem or project we’d like tackled and trust that you can find the best way to solve it.
We refer to each other as family, not coworkers. We have company sports teams and support each other’s interests. Come be a part of our family!