Volunteer Recruitment Manager
Program | San Diego, CA | Full Time
Title: Volunteer Recruitment Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Programs
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Voices for Children is the Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) program for San Diego and Riverside Counties. The mission of Voices for Children is to transform the lives of abused children by providing them with Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs). VFC believes that every child deserves a safe and permanent home, and to that end, our vision is to provide a CASA to every child in foster care who needs one, monitor every court file in the system, and advocate to improve the lives of San Diego County’s foster children.
Recruited, trained, and supervised by VFC, our volunteer CASAs interface with key agencies, legal counsel, and community resources to identify and protect the best interests of each foster child. CASAs act as fact finders for the juvenile court judge to ensure decisions are based on the most current and pertinent information about each child’s situation. CASAs also provide emotional support as they guide their case children through the complex foster care system. CASAs strive to ensure that each child’s unique needs are met.
Overview of the Position
The Volunteer Recruitment Manager will: (1) oversee, plan, and direct all aspects of the Voices for Children recruitment program for both CASAs and general volunteer opportunities as part of the Service Enterprise Initiative (SEI); (2) develop strategies and tactics to help attain the recruitment goals for Voices for Children’s “Serve Every Child” strategic plan; (3) implement comprehensive, effective programs that attract, recruit, and enroll potential volunteer CASAs into training; (4) expand outreach efforts by building new relationships and fostering current relationships through community partnerships, corporate and organizational connections, and outreach to individuals wishing to donate their time to serve; (5) effectively manage and direct recruitment team members; 6) lead and implement aspects of the volunteer retention and recognition plan in conjunction with other staff; and (7) promote the mission of Voices for Children in the community.
- Analyze data and issues, forecast needs, identify potential solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations to increase the number of volunteer CASAs recruited to serve foster children, working collaboratively with VFC’s Chiefs and Senior Staff on these efforts.
- Train, support, and supervise the Volunteer Recruitment staff. Hold regular, individual meetings with direct reports.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations with Volunteer Recruitment staff.
- Coordinate multi-layered recruitment programs year-round, using highly developed skills in project management, written communications, and verbal presentations.
- Oversee and manage the initial CASA and general volunteer screening process.
- Work in partnership and collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Manager to ensure results-oriented community outreach and messaging in advertising, public relations, and communications.
- Leads the efforts of the volunteer retention and recognition plan in partnership with other staff members to enhance volunteer retention and develop effective means of volunteer appreciation for their service.
- Build collaborations and partnerships across the San Diego County community in order to identify and reach out to potential volunteers from different segments of the population; network with San Diego corporations, institutions of higher learning, religious organizations, military, and community groups in order to build interest in the CASA volunteer opportunity.
- Be able to use CASA Manager for analysis and strategy, and have the skills to report and analyze recruitment progress against goals throughout the fiscal year.
- Attend meetings, speak publicly, and represent Voices for Children in the community as requested.
- Serve on VFC committees or on other special projects as requested by the President/CEO.
- Continually work to further the Mission and Vision of Voices for Children.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Required Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred; must have experience with volunteer recruitment, management, and community outreach; supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must have strong presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible, well-organized, and able to manage different projects concurrently, often under pressure; able to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Must be proficient with current Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be able to deal effectively, diplomatically, and tactfully with volunteer applicants, Board members, volunteer leaders, donors, vendors, and the general public.
- Must have access to an automobile for local travel; valid California driver's license and automobile insurance required.
- Must meet the background screening requirements of Voices for Children, including a DMV record review, FBI and DOJ fingerprinting, and a check of the Child Abuse Central Index.
- Able to lift 25 lbs
- Able to bend and stoop
- Able to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Able to sit at a desk and view a computer screen for up to two hours
- Able to speak into and use a telephone for long periods of time
- Professional office environment
- Fast paced working with multi-level distractions
· Able to drive and travel in the San Diego region
· Able to work extended hours as needed, with some nights and weekends required
Please apply via our careers site at the following link: https://www.jsco.re/1kjxq. No phone calls, please. Position open immediately and will remain open until filled.
NOTE: Your application should include:
- Cover letter
Voices for Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer