Recruitment & Outreach Associate
Program | San Diego, CA | Full Time
JOB TITLE: Recruitment and Outreach Associate
REPORTS TO: Volunteer Recruitment Manager
STATUS: Full time
PAY RATE: $20/Hour, Non-Exempt
LOCATION: San Diego, California
Are you looking for a meaningful career in a position that allows you to make a difference in your community? Voices for Children is a respected, local nonprofit organization focused on fulfilling our mission to advocate for the needs of children in foster care. Consistently ranked in the top three CASA programs out of 1,000 nationwide, our team takes pride in serving our children with the highest level of excellence and care. Come to work at Voices for Children and you’ll enjoy a friendly, warm culture with the following generous benefits for our full-time employees:
Start out with 12 vacation days per year, 13 paid holidays, and an additional 5 days of paid time off after Christmas Day through New Year’s Day
- A comprehensive, affordable benefits package to include several medical plan options (one plan is free for employees), vision, dental, flexible spending account, 403b plan for retirement savings, etc.
- A welcoming work environment
- Flexible work arrangements may be considered
Voices for Children is the Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) program for San Diego and Riverside Counties. The mission of Voices for Children is to transform the lives of abused children by providing them with Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs). VFC believes that every child deserves a safe and permanent home, and to that end, our vision is to provide a CASA to every child in foster care who needs one, monitor every court file in the system, and advocate to improve the lives of San Diego County’s foster children.
Recruited, trained, and supervised by VFC, our volunteer CASAs interface with key agencies, legal counsel, and community resources to identify and protect the best interests of each foster child. CASAs act as fact finders for the juvenile court judge to ensure decisions are based on the most current and pertinent information about each child’s situation. CASAs also provide emotional support as they guide their case children through the complex foster care system. CASAs strive to ensure that each child’s unique needs are met.
About the Position
The Recruitment & Outreach Associate will: (1) ensure that volunteers are recruited to serve as Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs) in support of Voices for Children’s Serve Every Child goal to provide a CASA for every child who needs one; (2) assist with the community outreach efforts for the organization to promote the CASA Program, as well as the mission and vision of Voices for Children; and, (3) assist with the screening of applicants to the CASA Program.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a volunteer recruitment plan to increase the number of CASAs.
- Manage the Volunteer Outreach Team’s engagement and activities, including: track member interest and participation in this team’s activities, maintain regular communication with Volunteer Outreach Team members, and facilitate Volunteer Outreach Team meetings and trainings.
- Facilitate Volunteer Information Sessions and community presentations.
- Assist with coordination of VFC presence and presentations at community events, such as agency staff meetings, community fairs, community collaborative meetings, VFC fundraising events, etc.
- Build partnerships with community groups and organizations to recruit potential volunteers.
- Screen CASA volunteer applicants through review of volunteer applications and conducting initial interviews.
- Maintain accurate volunteer recruitment files, activity reports, and database records.
- Assist with development and revision of recruitment materials.
- Assist with responses to volunteer inquiries.
- Act as a back-up for front desk responsibilities, including answering the phone and assisting walk-ins with inquiries.
- All other duties as assigned by the executive leadership team.
- A college degree is preferred, however, we will consider work experience if candidate does not have a degree.
- Must have at least two years’ experience in volunteer management (especially volunteer recruitment and screening), marketing, community outreach, or related field is required.
- Must be able to work in a small team environment, be comfortable giving presentations in front of large groups, and be willing to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends.
- Proficiency with current Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook is required; experience with additional databases is preferred.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and automobile insurance as well as access to an automobile for local travel.
- Must meet all screening requirements as set down in the California Rules of Court, Rule 5.655.
Standard work week is 40 hours; however, employees are expected to work any additional time necessary to meet deadlines and complete assignments. Evenings and weekends may be required. Additional hours are subject to overtime pay. The VFC office is open for business Monday through Friday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Able to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Able to sit at a desk and view a computer screen for up to two hours
- Able to speak into and use a telephone for long periods of time
- Professional office environment
- Fast paced working with multi-level distractions
- Able to work extended hours as needed, with some nights and weekends required during special events
How to Apply
Please go to the following link: https://jsco.re/7rvcd and click “Apply for this Job” to apply. No phone calls, please. Position open immediately and will remain open until filled.
NOTE: Your application should include:
- Cover letter
Voices for Children is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.”