Operations | San Diego, CA | Full Time
JOB TITLE: Program Assistant
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Program Assistant will 1) answer and appropriately route incoming phone calls; 2) greet and assist visitors; 3) assist with editing and routing of court reports; 4) assist with entering Case Assessment Program data into database; 5) assist staff and the volunteers who advocate for the children that Voices for Children (VFC) serves; and 6) assist with activities that VFC participates in/organizes.
The Program Assistant should be prepared to handle matters confidentially and with the strictest security when the need arises, whether the items are labeled confidential or not. Further, this employee must work as a full member of the Voices for Children team.
- Answer incoming calls, recording of messages and distributing them to volunteers and/or staff in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure that volunteers are helped and/or directed to the appropriate person, department or organization.
- Receive, track and finalize court reports in cooperation with Advocacy Supervisors. This includes checking clerical accuracy and timely distribution according to the policies, procedures and practices of Voices for Children.
- Log in social workers’ reports into our database and on occasion enter Case Assessment Program data.
- Assist with distributing birthday gift cards to the Court Appointed Special Advocates.
- Assist with bank deposits and the delivery of the mail to the mailbox.
- Provide callers with general information in response to public inquiries regarding volunteer opportunities, services, programs and special events/activities.
- Maintain VFC library and track status of books that are checked out.
- Provide clerical support to volunteers and staff including distribution of court minutes, notification of volunteer meetings, filing of documents and any special projects that may arise.
- Provide support at special events and activities involving VFC as directed by the President/CEO.
- Continually work to further the Mission and Vision of Voices for Children.
- Provide backup administrative and clerical support to the Operations Supervisor and President/CEO as required.
- All other duties as assigned by the Operations Supervisor and/or the President/CEO.
PAY TYPE: Hourly
BENEFITS: Vacation, benefits consistent with Board-adopted personnel policies.
Standard work week is 40 hours; however, employees are expected to work any additional time necessary to meet deadlines and complete assignments. Evenings and weekends may be required. Additional hours are subject to overtime pay. The VFC office shall be open for business during the following hours, except as hereinafter noted: Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Coverage at the office by the program and office staff shall be according to such schedule as developed by the President/CEO.
At least two years of education beyond high school is desired in addition to at least two years of experience in customer service, office management and/or clerical support. Additionally, this position requires functional skill in the use of a personal computer, competency in use of MS Office to include Word, Excel and Outlook; experience in the use of basic office machines (fax machine, copy machine, postage meter, etc.). Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. All requirements must be complied with as set forth in the California Rules of Court, Rule 5.655.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via our careers site at the following link: https://www.jsco.re/1jj3g. No phone calls, please. Position open immediately and will remain open until filled.