CASA Recruitment Associate
Program | San Diego, CA | Full Time
Are you looking for a meaningful career in a position that allows you to make a difference in your community?
Come work at Voices for Children and be part of a team that makes a difference in the lives of children and families in our community and takes pride in serving our children with the highest level of excellence and care.
Voices for Children is a respected, local nonprofit organization focused on fulfilling our mission to advocate for the needs of children in foster care. We consistently ranked in the top three CASA programs out of 1,000 nationwide. At Voices for Children you will enjoy a friendly, warm culture with the following generous benefits:
- 12 vacation days
- 13 paid holidays
- 5 additional days of paid time off after Christmas Day through New Year’s Day
- Medical (one plan is free), Dental, Vision
- Flexible spending account
- 403b plan for retirement savings
- A welcoming work environment
- Flexible work arrangements
- And more.....
ABOUT THE POSITION
The CASA Recruitment Associate will: (1) act as the main point of contact for applicants interested in becoming a volunteer CASA (2) complete administrative duties which support the recruitment of CASAs and community outreach efforts for the organization to promote the CASA Program, as well as the mission and vision of Voices for Children; and, (3) assist with the recruitment and screening of applicants to the CASA Program.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Volunteer Recruitment & Administration
- Acts as main point of contact for all volunteer recruitment inquiries.
- Tracks RSVPS, attendance, moderates Q&A sessions, and manages follow up communications for CASA Information Sessions. May also facilitate information sessions on as needed basis.
- Assists potential volunteers through the application process, including: answering general questions, providing additional information on the application process or CASA role, and prompting applicants with reminders and instructions to take the next step.
- Reviews and screens volunteer applications for eligibility and conflict of interest.
- Creates monthly interview schedule, manages interview signs ups, and interviews potential volunteers.
- Maintains up to date recruitment information on a variety of online platforms, including: VFC website forms, community calendars, and postings on other websites used to recruit volunteers.
- Maintains up to date information in CASA Manager database on all current volunteer applicants.
- Creates and distributes monthly metrics reports.
- Supports the Recruitment Team in developing and implementing ongoing volunteer recruitment strategies.
- Assist with front desk coverage at office, as needed.
Community Outreach Support
- Manage monthly Real Word RSVPs, follow up communications, and attendance list distribution.
- Attends community events to recruit new volunteers, as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient with current Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Willingness to learn.
- Access to reliable transportation to occasionally attend events that may not be accessible via public transportation (e.g., bus, trolley).
- Must meet all screening requirements as set down in the California Rules of Court, Rule 5.655.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience using basic office equipment (e.g. phone, fax, copier).
- Experience using database systems.
- Volunteer management experience (especially volunteer recruitment and screening), community outreach, or related field in the public and/or nonprofit sector is preferred.
This position requires the following competencies:
Teamwork – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to accomplish work and meet individual and goals. Works harmoniously and cooperatively with others one-on-one and as part of formal and informal teams.
Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Communication & Information Sharing – Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Effective, proactive, professional, friendly and diplomatic in all forms of communication with staff, volunteer applicants, board members, volunteer leaders, donors, vendors, and the general public. Shares information where appropriate and properly protects confidential information by maintaining standards of confidentiality and discretion as required.
Individual Efficiency – Effectively manages time and resources to ensure that individual work is completed efficiently. Flexible, well-organized, and able to manage different projects concurrently. Able to take the initiative, set priorities and manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
Commitment To Equity & Inclusion – Work reflects a commitment to equity and inclusion. Collaborates effectively with diverse staff members, board members volunteers, youth, and community populations. Involves others with divergent viewpoints, as well as diverse people and groups, contributing to developing an environment that is equitable, inclusive, respectful and cooperative. Seeks to serve and support under served and underrepresented populations.
COMPENSATION & WORK SCHEDULE
Starting Pay is $21.00 per hour. Standard work week for this position is 40 hours per week. Evenings and weekends may be required. The VFC office is open for business during the following hours, except on holidays recognized by VFC: Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Coverage at the office by the program and office staff shall be according to such schedule as developed by the President & CEO or designee.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Able to constantly sit for prolonged periods of time (up to 8 hours per day).
- Able to constantly sit at a desk and view a computer screen for up to two hours at a time / 7 hours per day.
- Able to consistently operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
- Able to consistently speak into and use a telephone for long periods of time.
- Able to occasionally traverse a distance up to 1 mile per day.
- Able to occasionally lift, carry and load items (e.g. boxes, recruitment materials) weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Able to occasionally push / pull up to 50 lbs. on wheels or loaded on a cart / truck.
- Professional office environment
- Small team environment
- Fast paced working with multi-level distractions
- Able to occasionally work extended hours as needed, with some nights and weekends required during special events.
HOW TO APPLY
Please go to the following link: https://jsco.re/cca0o and click “Apply for this Job” to apply.
No phone calls, please. Position open immediately and will remain open until filled.
NOTE: Your application should include:
- Cover letter
Voices for Children (VFC) is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive organization whose staff and volunteers value, represent, and serve individuals of diverse backgrounds, identities, cultures, and abilities. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.”
We embrace the guiding principle that all children should be safe, have a permanent home, and have an opportunity to thrive. Inclusivity and equity are essential components of the advocacy for and protection of the children and families we serve. In order to provide high quality advocacy and serve the best of interests of children, we are similarly committed to advancing diversity and inclusion in our workforce. We celebrate and value our differences and are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment.