Sales Development Representative
Sales | Washington, DC | Full Time
In an era where every data transfer is a potential data leak, Virtru makes it possible for everyone to protect their content by offering easy and affordable email and file encryption. From individuals to large enterprises, Virtru lets people control who receives, reviews, and retains their information – wherever it travels, throughout its lifespan. Based on the open Trusted Data Format (TDF) created by Virtru Co-Founder Will Ackerly, the company’s Encryption-as-a-Service (EaaS) architecture, integrates powerful data security directly into the applications we use every day.
Virtru is a fast-paced startup with a strong performance-driven culture. We are well capitalized with investments from Bessemer Venture Partners and private investors. Virtru offers a competitive salary, health benefits, 401k, stock options and the ability to work with talented coworkers in an informal, collaborative environment.
Virtru is looking for a talented and fun to work with Sales Development Representative who can generate qualified sales opportunities. The SDR will work closely with marketing to quickly contact and qualify inbound leads. In addition to inbound leads, the SDR will work closely with marketing to strategically target accounts via outbound prospecting and engagement. This person will also be responsible for providing feedback on lead sources to help us improve the quality and quantity of qualified sales opportunities. This position will report to the Director of Sales Development and be an integral part of the team, as well as a bench for our future sales reps.
- Identify and connect with targeted prospects to deliver the Virtru value proposition
- Field and qualify inbound leads - converting them to sales opportunities
- Outbound prospect and generate qualified sales opportunities for sales reps.
- Provide data and quantitative analysis on lead quality to help improve lead acquisition
- Provide market intelligence to help us strategically identify new areas of opportunity
- Support marketing on campaigns and events
- Make over 100 activities per day via phone, email and LinkedIn
- Use sales and marketing technologies to prospect and mange your outreach (Salesforce.com, Salesloft, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn)
- This is an entry level inside sales role - so the desire to start a career in sales is a must (bonus if you've done sales already)
- Interest in speaking to and selling to technology executives
- Ability to think on your feet and overcome objections
- Desire to work for a high growth start up, and okay with the changes that come along the way
- Can demonstrate a track record of consistently exceeding professional objectives
- Can demonstrate a history of achieving personal goals
- Motivated with intellectual curiosity
- Possess the ability to learn quickly and embrace change
- A positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Expertise working with Google business apps like Gmail and Google Drive
- Professional LinkedIn profile that provides a foundation for social selling
- BA/BS degree strongly preferred