QA Test Engineer - Automation
Engineering | REMOTE | Full Time
Virtru is looking for a talented and fun to work with Test Automation Engineer who can help take our existing automated test suite and tool chain to the next level. This person will be responsible for automating across multiple projects and multiple testing platforms, helping to build out infrastructure as well as creating new tests and continued maintenance on our existing tests.
- Write, execute automated test cases for feature and regression testing
- Turn manual QA tests into automated regression tests
- Analyze results for automated regression tests - determine if failures are test issues or defects in functionality
- Operate as part of a fast-paced agile development team
- Run automated tests on different browsers/operating systems
- Write and track defects through defect lifecycle
- Working with development and product management to resolve issues and clarify requirements
- Participate in process improvement activities to ensure a more robust test suite across projects
- Conduct test case and test script reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture functionality.
- Understanding of automation test methodologies, automation test frameworks, tools, and techniques, and practical application of test automation in major development efforts is required.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience using Selenium WebDriver to test Web applications
- 3+ years of using test automation tools in Python, or Java, or Node.js, ex: pytest/unittest, JUnit/TestNG, or Mocha/Jest
- Strong experience using git
- Strong experience testing backend services using REST API
- Familiarity with Continuous Build Systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo or Buildkite
- Experience with other Automation tools such as Appium is a plus
- Strong Business Acumen, self-starter with excellent communication skills, ability to drive problems to a solution.
- Strong analytic skills, creative, and detail oriented.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
Nice to have:
- Experience automating Mobile tests for Android and IOS - Appium experience
- Experience automated Desktop Applications on Windows