Lead/Senior QA Analyst .NET Project
Engineering | REMOTE | Full Time
In an era where every data transfer is a potential data leak, Virtru makes it possible for everyone to protect their content by offering easy and affordable email and file encryption. From individuals to large enterprises, Virtru lets people control who receives, reviews, and retains their information – wherever it travels, throughout its lifespan. Based on the open Trusted Data Format (TDF) created by Virtru Co-Founder Will Ackerly, the company’s Encryption-as-a-Service (EaaS) architecture, integrates powerful data security directly into the applications we use every day.
Virtru is a fast-paced startup with a strong performance-driven culture. We are well capitalized with investments from Bessemer Venture Partners and private investors. Virtru offers a competitive salary, full health benefits, and the ability to work with talented coworkers in an informal, collaborative environment.
We are looking for a kick-ass Quality Assurance Analyst who has the passion for driving quality in our products while constantly looking to push quality standards. This role will include leading QA releases across multiple platforms, contributing to process improvement initiatives, coordinating with teams such as development, sales, support and marketing, helping out with manual, automated and load testing, improving test coverage and among other tasks. The ideal candidate will have a natural passion for digital privacy, software quality assurance, and great user experiences.
We are looking for someone who is self motivated, works hard and has high attention to detail. Given the volume of our releases that need QA and the high importance of the software we release we are looking for someone who can keep a level head when we have pressure releases and use the resources we have to ensure the highest quality software.
At this time we are not accepting applications from outside the continental USA.
- Write/update test plans and test cases
- Defect Management including providing feedback on defect prioritization
- Triaging defects that come in through our contractors and oversee their work
- Perform manual tests across all of our platforms, including cross platform testing
- Help with managing releases and giving approval for releases
- Manage QA for some product channels
- Develops test strategies, test approaches for performance and automation testing
- Suggest and implement process improvements that will accomplish team, department and business goals
- Striving for efficiency, consistency and effectiveness
Qualifications Required experience
- Must be a US citizen
- 2+ years of software development or automation or performance/Load testing experience
- 8+ yrs experience as a Software Quality Assurance Tester
- 8+ yrs experience in creating test plans and test cases
- 3-5+ yrs Lead QA-Release management experience
- Experience working in an agile engineering environment
- Familiarity with software testing (unit, integration, functional, regression).
- Familiarity with test automation tools and frameworks
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance standards
- Experience testing on Windows, and other MIcrosoft products
- Experience with desktop automation tools
- Experience with defect reporting & analysis
- Experience writing test cases
- Experience testing Web based, desktop and mobile applications
- Must be able to multitask and work independently or in a team
- Excellent verbal, written communication and documentation skills