Site Reliability Engineer
Software Engineering | New York, NY
Here are the numbers: bookoos of videos, tens of millions of users, thousands of requests a second, monthly uniques above 100 million. Wanna help keep all that running? Join this pretty awesome team as a Site Reliability Engineer.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Responsible for reliability and performance of either vimeo.com (PHP, Apache, Python) or the transcoding pipeline (Python, EC2, OpenStack Swift)
- Development and design of tools to instrument and alert on problems (Nagios)
- Troubleshooting issues with hardware, software, applications and network
- Work with developers to plan feature launches and testing procedures
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- 4+ years of experience with Linux
- Experience working with web servers, load balancing, CDNs
- Knowledge of network protocols, especially TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, DNS, SSL
- Knowledge of monitoring applications
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Vimeo is the high-quality video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun and easy way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. Today, Vimeo reaches a monthly audience of over 90 million creators and viewers — and we’re growing bigger every day. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
To find our more about working at Vimeo visit us here.