Software Engineering | New York, NY
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build and evolve products and features used by over 100 million people monthly (and that's just onsite!)
- Join a small and passionate engineering team, working on cool projects like the Vimeo Player, Couch Mode, the Vimeo Enhancer, and so much more
- Grow your coding skills by working on challenging projects and playing during bi-monthly code jams
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Familiarity with prominent libraries, such as Backbone, jQuery or whatever you're into
- Object-oriented programming skills and a knowledge of various design patterns
- Familiarity with content versioning systems (Git)
- Familiarity with building Flash projects using the Adobe Flex SDK and Ant (preferred but not required)
- Experience working with audio and video in Flash and HTML
Send us you kick-ass portfolio. Don't have a kick-ass potfolio? That's cool. You can send us a link to your Github (or the like). Don't have that either? OK. Show off your calligraphy skills and send us a wax-sealed note. We'll be sure to read it!
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Vimeo is the high-quality video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun and easy way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. Today, Vimeo reaches a monthly audience of over 100 million creators and viewers — and we’re growing bigger every day. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
To find out more about working at Vimeo, visit us here.