Software Engineering | New York, NY
We’ve got an opening for an ETL Engineer on our data infrastructure team. Love big data analytics, online video and the web? Chase the rainbow and join Vimeo!
- Help manage large, rapidly-growing data infrastructure
- Support and implement ETL process between Hadoop, Hive and Data warehouse
- Code using Java/Python/Unix shell script and SQL scripting languages
- Work and communicate across internal teams
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Minimum 2 years of ETL support and development experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in SQL programming
- Minimum 2 years of programming experience in either Java or Python or C++
- Minimum 1 year of experience in UNIX scripting
- Exposure to BI Reporting tools like Pentaho or Business Objects or Microstrategy
- Exposure with large-scale Hadoop clusters, specifically Hive and HBase, a plus
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Vimeo is the high-quality video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun and easy way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. Today, Vimeo reaches a monthly audience of over 100 million creators and viewers — and we’re growing bigger every day. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
To find out more about working at Vimeo, visit us here.