Community Associate (Contract)
Community/Social Media | New York, NY
Our Contract Community Associate presents a unique opportunity for you to work with the highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious Content + Community team. You'll help manage an online community, and take on numerous responsibilities in order to help support and engage Vimeo's rapidly expanding user-base.
- This is a 3 to 6 month contract position with the possibility of becoming full-time.
- You'll be working 40 hours per week, Saturday to Wednesday to help us cover weekends.
- You will be required to do some hours during the winter holidays, though exact hours are negotiable.
- Respond to user support inquiries via email, hitting guaranteed response time targets
- Attend to daily content moderation duties
- Gather information on bugs and other issues reported by users
- Help test new features and let us know how we can make Vimeo better
- Amazing English communication skills — the ability to convey empathy, happiness, humor, contrition, urgency, and other things using just the 26 letters of the alphabet, and some punctuation.
- Intimate familiarity with the Vimeo platform + community. If you're already a Vimeo user, BONUS POINTS 4 U.
- Exceptional web- and tech-savviness. Like you can name three web browsers off the top of your head and you've helped your parents understand how their computer works. Without getting too frustrated.
- Patience and a willingness to teach people
- Undying passion for film + video
- Experience in customer service, social media, and/or online community support
- Extreme dependability
How to apply:
Send us your dope resume, a non-generic cover letter, and, if you really wanna impress us, a link to your Vimeo profile and a writing sample. Make sure you tell us how soon you're available. We're looking to fill these positions quickly.
Vimeo is the high-quality video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun and easy way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. Today, Vimeo reaches a monthly audience of over 90 million creators and viewers — and we’re growing bigger every day. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.