Product | Shanghai, China | Full Time
Product Manager at Viki in Shangai
Viki is seeking a Product Manager based in Shanghai, reporting to the Head of Greater China. You will be a key member of the team leading all technical aspects of China operations and helping Viki grow its presence in Greater China. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Helping strategize and executing the porting of existing technical infrastructure with focus on ensuring top-notch user experience
- Working with internal and external partners to design intuitive, elegant consumer products for Viki viewers in China
- Bridging the gap between Partner’s technical team and Viki engineering team to resolve ongoing technical issues with key partners like LETV, Xunlei, Yahoo etc.
- Identifying, analyzing and prioritizing new website features and updates while balancing partners’ needs, user expectation, company goals, and ROI (return on investment)
- Collaborating with partner managers to set direction for new features
- Working with engineering teams in Singapore and U.S. to hone and iterate ideas
- Processing, analyzing and interpreting data to make product decisions
- Owning the design/build/test/release process from end to end
- Striving for design and product perfection (but love to release and iterate)
- 4+ years experience developing consumer Internet products
- Experienced in designing simple and intuitive user interfaces; ability to create examples through wireframes and mock ups
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization, coordinating skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – Chinese (required), English (preferred); ability to interact with both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to multi-task and work well in cross-cultural environment across multiple time-zones
- Loves solving puzzles! Loves figuring out complex problems and coming up with efficient solutions
- A love for online video and social websites
- BS/MS in computer science, math or related field from accredited university
- Experience working in start-up and/or media company environments
- Experience working with mobile industry (telco, device etc.) a plus
- Experience working with Chinese online video platforms a plus
Viki, often referred to as ‘the global Hulu,’ is a global video streaming site with TV shows, movies, music videos and more, subtitled into more than 160 languages by a community of avid fans. With over 2 billion videos viewed and over 400 million words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to nearly 25 million users worldwide.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a very small team and make a difference as we 100x our current size. We’re small but diverse, with more than 20 countries and 30 languages represented among our 60 employees. Come break down barriers that stand between great entertainment and its fans, no matter where they are.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Viki are considered property of Viki and are not subject to payment of agency fees.