IT Support Engineer
Engineering | Singapore, Singapore | Part Time, Contract, and Temporary
Viki, a Rakuten Company (Japan Stock Exchange: 4755), is a global TV site with more than 32 million viewers a month watching the world’s primetime TV and movies, subtitled in 200 languages by a community of fans. With billions of videos viewed and more than 800 million words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere.
We are looking for a part-time (20 hrs/week) IT Support Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining the health of all IT assets and providing service to all of our employees in three remote offices (San Francisco, Shanghai and Seoul) and onsite in Singapore where the bulk of the employees are based.
The general IT IQ for the company is very high, so ideal applicants should be very technically adept as well as capable of providing support to both Windows and Mac. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Management, administration, and support of the company's multi-office technology infrastructure that consists of mixed Mac and Windows work environments
- Scale the company's IT resources in parallel with the company's planned growth and build processes to speed up onboarding of new employees
- Provide hands-on support and troubleshooting to company employees
- Install, integrate and support desktop technologies
- Author and maintain documentation for commonly faced issues by the employees
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of a year of relevant IT support experience
- Hands-on experience supporting Mac and Windows environments is a must
- Interest in, and a basic understanding of, common IT technologies — video conferencing, asset management, Google Apps, and VPNs are critical
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under minimal supervision are a must
- Some scripting skills in AppleScript/PowerScript are desirable
This is a unique opportunity to join a very small team and make a difference as we grow exponentially. We’re small but diverse, with more than 25 nationalities and 40 languages represented among our 70+ employees. Come break down barriers that stand between great entertainment and fans everywhere.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Viki are considered property of Viki and are not subject to payment of agency fees.