Full Stack Engineer
Engineering | Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
Viki, a Rakuten Company (Japan Stock Exchange: 4755), is a global TV site with more than tens of millions of viewers a month watching the world’s primetime TV and movies, subtitled in over 200 languages by a community of fans. With billions of videos viewed and more than 1 billion words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, we are in search of a Full Stack Engineer who can work in a fast-paced, professional environment. We’re responsible for a variety of systems. Our API is built using variety of technologies such as Go, Node, Redis, Ruby, RabbitMq and PostgreSql. We are scaling and adding a number of interesting features such as search, social and advanced push notifications. We manage our own deployments (think Docker, Scout, Logstash and StatsD) and are responsible for end-to-end delivery of the components. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Write APIs using Ruby
- Focus on code quality and testability
- Improve application performance
- Continually improve technical processes to get us operating more efficiently
- Agile and Data Driven mindset
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with any of the following: Ember.js, Backbone.js or AngularJS
- Ruby on Rails is preferred, but know that any smart, experienced coder is going to be able to pick up Ruby on Rails quickly
- Familiarity with Nginx, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ and/or Unicon
- Experience building complex enterprise systems
We’re small but diverse, with more than 25 nationalities and 40 languages represented among our 100+ employees. Come break down barriers that stand between great entertainment and its fans everywhere and help us make a difference as we grow.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Viki are considered property of Viki and are not subject to payment of agency fees.