Marketing | Seoul, South Korea | Full Time
Editor, Partnerships at Viki in Seoul
Viki is a Global TV site with tens of millions of people watching the world’s primetime TV and movies, subtitled in 160+ languages by a community of fans. With over two billion videos viewed and more than 450 million words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to nearly 30 million users worldwide.
We are in search of an Editor, Partnerships who can assure the quality of our content by managing and delivering the final completed subtitles to partners. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Efficiently maintains formal disciplined operations procedures across a variety of projects
- Liaise with in-house coordination and freelancers
- Preliminary & Final Quality Check of translated subtitles for grammar, punctuation and spelling errors
- Recruit, train, manage and maintain strong relationships with freelance translators
- Assist with making new department processes while improving on existing ones
- Develop and maintain guideline to ensure subtitle meets distribution partners’ guideline
- Track and report on company-wide quality metrics
- At least 2-3 years experience working at an organization—preferably in the subtitling industry at checker level
- The ability to check substantial amounts of subtitled programming with strict deadlines, while maintaining 100% accuracy
- Specialization in subtitling within film, television or related media
- Ability to implement and conduct QA checks on master English template files
- Familiarity with subtitle reading speeds, time codes, line and positioning compliance, safe areas and all restrictions relating to subtitling standard practice
- Ability to prepare a comprehensive report on each QC process
- Fluent in English and Korean. Proficiency in a third language (Chinese or Japanese) is a plus
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times, especially under tight deadlines
This is an excellent opportunity to join a very small team and make a difference as we 100x our current size. We’re small but diverse, with more than 20 countries and 30 languages represented among our 60 employees. Come break down barriers that stand between great entertainment and its fans, no matter where they are.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Viki are considered property of Viki and are not subject to payment of agency fees.