Director of Facilities, Rakuten USA
G&A | San Mateo, CA | Full Time
Viki, a Rakuten Company (Japan Stock Exchange: 4755), is a global TV site with more than 35 million viewers a month watching the world’s primetime TV and movies, subtitled in 200 languages by a community of fans. With billions of videos viewed and more than 800 million words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere.
We are in search of a Director of Facilities for Rakuten USA. This is a full-time position located in our new San Mateo office and reporting to the President of Rakuten USA. The suitable candidate will be responsible for working collaboratively with various Rakuten companies as well as other departments to assist in the relocation of teams to the new office as well provide efficient day to day operations of the San Mateo office. This role may provide support to various remote locations including San Francisco, Boston, New York, Tampa and Salt Lake City and other locations as needed. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Directly oversee the build out and administration of our new San Mateo office
- Negotiate leases and service contracts with vendors
- Manage expansion / relocation projects as needed
- Maintain office services and physical infrastructure
- Serve as the primary contact for building services
- Establish and maintain budgets for all facility locations. Review and approve invoices relating to Facilities/ Supplies/Office operations
- Maintain and monitor office security systems as well as employee safety programs
- Manage office staff and budget associated with office management
- Minimum 5 years of progressive responsibility for facilities management and office services. Experience overseeing multiple locations preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; particularly with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience managing a team of office staff, including remote employees
- Management of office/facility build-out projects, office renovations and new office set-up
- Time and project management experience required
- Experience managing and negotiating with vendors
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
Rakuten Group of companies which also includes Viber, eBates, Lyft and more, reaches a global audience of nearly 1 billion users. This is an excellent opportunity to join a medium-sized team and make a difference as we scale.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Viki are considered property of Viki and are not subject to payment of agency fees.