Engineering | Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
Viki, a Rakuten Company (Japan Stock Exchange: 4755), is a global TV site with more than 32 million viewers a month watching the world’s primetime TV and movies, subtitled in 200 languages by a community of fans. With billions of videos viewed and more than 800 million words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere.
We are in search of a Data Analyst. Reporting to the Director of Analytics, you will be joining a talented, collaborative team at the forefront of exciting new ventures in the digital media space.
Viki collects gigabytes of data daily in order to understand our users, learn about content trends and use it to guide our product strategy and marketing activities. As a Data Analyst, your job will be to work with large datasets and help various teams at Viki to effectively utilize this data for decision making. A successful candidate will enjoy working with big data sets and has a proactive and organized approach to solving problems. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with various teams to understand their data needs and create useful reports and dashboards for them
- Generate insights for Product and Growth teams by analyzing A/B tests and experiments data
- Analyze content consumption data to help Content Marketing teams identify which shows perform well on Viki
- Deep dive into big data and provide Business Intelligence/Analytics support to key business/financial initiatives company wide
- Solve problems arising from dynamic data and changing requirements
- Work with Developers and various Product teams to ensure that data collection and tracking has been correctly implemented
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar applied technical field
- Experience with SQL and Databases
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills (prior experience with R, Matlab or Excel)
- Interest in large scale data mining, reporting and insights mining
- Experience with Hadoop or MapReduce is a plus
- Prior experience with working in a web/mobile company is a plus
This is a unique and excellent opportunity to join a very small team and make a difference as we 100x growth. We’re small but diverse, with more than 25 nationalities and 40 languages represented among our 70+ employees. Come break down barriers that stand between great entertainment and fans everywhere.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Viki are considered property of Viki and are not subject to payment of agency fees.