Content Business Development Manager - SEA
Business Development | Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
Viki, a Rakuten Company (Japan Stock Exchange: 4755), is a global TV site with more than 35 million viewers a month watching the world’s primetime TV and movies, subtitled in 200 languages by a community of fans. With billions of videos viewed and more than 800 million words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere.
Viki is in search of a Content Business Development Manager - SEA who can work in a fast-paced, professional environment. Candidate will be responsible for developing new content partnerships in Southeast Asia region and have the opportunity to work with existing content partners (e.g. GMM, ABS-CBN, NYU Tisch Asia Short Films, Cathay-Keris Films). Candidate will also have the opportunity to work closely with Viki colleagues focused on content marketing, operations, community and content acquisition in Singapore, San Francisco, Korea, Japan, and Shanghai. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Be the in-house content expert to drive overall SEA and mid-tail content strategy
- Source, negotiate and execute on content deals from SEA region
- Manage and ideate new ways to grow engagement in content from SEA region and mid-tail partners platform-wide
- Collaborate with Legal and review contracts, as needed
- Maintain performance metrics reports
- Manage special promotions for select content (i.e. Super Junior, EXO, Falling Skies) in collaboration with partner managers
- Support content partnerships and licensing deals elsewhere worldwide, as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Media, Marketing, Communication or other related field from an accredited university
- 2+ years of work experience licensing or acquiring content in SEA is preferred
- 1+ years of experience in business development and partner management is preferred
- Be detail-oriented, patient, and self-disciplined
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; particularly with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Google Apps; specifically with Calendar, Docs, Drive, Sheets and Slides
- Fluent in English – both spoken and written is required
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Passion for Digital Media and/or Entertainment Industry
This is an excellent opportunity to join a medium-sized team and make a difference as we scale. We’re small but diverse, with more than 25 nationalities and 40 languages represented among our 85 employees. Come break down barriers that stand between great entertainment and its fans everywhere.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Viki are considered property of Viki and are not subject to payment of agency fees.