Content Business Development Manager
Business Development | Shanghai, China | Full Time
Viki, a Rakuten Company (Japan Stock Exchange: 4755), is a global TV site with more than 32 million viewers a month watching the world’s primetime TV and movies, subtitled in 200 languages by a community of fans. With billions of videos viewed and more than 600 million words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere.
Viki is in search of a Content Business Development Manager who can work in a fast-paced, professional environment. Candidate will be responsible for developing new licensing and content partnerships in target territories and have the opportunity to work with existing content production partners (i.e. Huace, Hualu Baina, iCNTV, Sanlih, TVBS), as well as Licensees (i.e. Sohu, Youku, MSN) from around the world. Candidate will also have the opportunity to work closely with Shanghai Team and Viki colleagues focused on Content Marketing and Content Acquisition in Singapore, San Francisco, Seoul and Tokyo. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Be the in-house Taiwan content expert to drive overall content strategy and ideate new ways to build engagement platform-wide
- Source, negotiate and execute on content acquisition deals in Taiwan and Hong Kong
- Support content licensing deals in China and worldwide, as needed
- Collaborate with Legal and review content licensing and/or acquisition contracts, as needed
- Maintain performance metrics reports
- Manage special promotions for select content (i.e. Super Junior, EXO, Falling Skies) in collaboration with internal colleagues
- Bachelors Degree in Management, Marketing, Communications or other related field from an accredited university
- 2+ years of work experience licensing or acquiring content in Taiwan
- Fluent in English and Chinese--both spoken and written
- Advance skills in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and work well in cross-cultural environment
- Passion for Digital Media and/or Entertainment Industry
This is a unique and excellent opportunity to join a small team with high-energy and make a difference as we 100x growth. We’re small but diverse, with more than 25 nationalities and 40 languages represented among our 70+ employees. Come break down barriers that stand between great entertainment and fans everywhere.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Viki are considered property of Viki and are not subject to payment of agency fees.