Content Acquisition & Programming Intern
Business Development | Shanghai, China | Part Time and Internship
Viki, a Rakuten Company (Japan Stock Exchange: 4755), is a global TV site with tens of millions of viewers a month watching primetime TV and movies from around the world, subtitled in over 200 languages by a community of fans. With billions of videos viewed and more than one billion words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere.
We are seeking a Content Acquisition and Programming Intern to support our Business Development team in Shanghai. This is a part-time internship position located in Shanghai Putuo District and reports to the Regional Director, Greater China. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the content acquisition team in on-boarding new content partners and managing ongoing content relationships and BD partnerships, including Xiaomi, LeTV, Sohu, Huace, etc.
- Assist the team in content launch, operation and performance analysis
- Conduct data analysis, market research and business report to support content acquisition team in identifying the ideal content and partnerships from the Greater China region
- Undergraduate or graduate students based in Shanghai. Background in Media & Communication, Computer Science, Economics, Marketing, E-commerce, International Business or any other related field of study is a plus
- Effective communicator in both English and Mandarin
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Data Analytics skills are highly desirable
- Passion for TV shows/movies/artists and current trends in entertainment
- Great attention to detail, with an open mind to learn
- Ability to multi-task and work well in cross-cultural environment (you will have opportunity to work with team in China, as well as Viki colleagues in US, Singapore and Korea)
- Ability to work 3-4 days a week, and to stay at least 4-6 months
We are a small but diverse company, with more than 25 nationalities and 40 languages represented among our 100+ employees. Come help us break down barriers that stand between great entertainment and fans everywhere and help us make a difference as we grow.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Viki are considered property of Viki and are not subject to payment of agency fees.