Community | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Viki, a Rakuten Company (Japan Stock Exchange: 4755), is a global TV site with more than 32 million viewers a month watching the world’s primetime TV and movies, subtitled in 200 languages by a community of fans. With billions of videos viewed and more than 600 million words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere.
We are in search of a Community Manager. This is a full-time position located in San Francisco and reports to the Director of Community. Community Managers are passionate, driven, organized, love international entertainment, and communicating with our amazing community of volunteers. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Evangelize and become a Viki advocate within the volunteer community
- Grow subtitling and other community activity through various education, outreach, development and support efforts
- Write and maintain various onboarding and communications tools--including tutorials, FAQs and community articles
- Write compelling newsletters and blog posts that inspire the community
- Identify exciting and creative topics for community engagement via blogs and social media
- Daily community and marketing team communication and frequent communication with engineering for program rollout and issue management
- 0-2 years in online media industry or communications field
- Bilingual (or more!) in written and spoken English and another language
- Passionate and driven
- Experience running a professional Facebook, Twitter or other social media outlets a plus
- Great work ethic and ability to multi-task efficiently and independently
- Loves international pop culture and entertainment!
- You’re a connector: you walk into a room and everyone knows you. And if they don’t yet, give it 15min!
- Baccalaureate degree
This is a unique and excellent opportunity to join a very small team and make a difference as we 100x growth. We’re small but diverse, with more than 25 nationalities and 40 languages represented among our 70+ employees. Come break down barriers that stand between great entertainment and fans everywhere.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Viki are considered property of Viki and are not subject to payment of agency fees.