Community Manager (Bilingual Mandarin)
Community | San Mateo, CA | Full Time
Viki, a Rakuten Company (Japan Stock Exchange: 4755), is a global TV site with tens of millions of viewers a month watching primetime TV and movies from around the world, subtitled in over 200 languages by a community of fans. With billions of videos viewed and more than one billion words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere.
Viki is seeking a Community Manager. This is a full-time position located in San Mateo and reports to the Community Development Senior Manager. Community Managers are passionate, driven, organized, love international entertainment and communicate with our amazing community of volunteers. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Evangelize and become a Viki advocate within the volunteer community
- Help grow subtitling (Mandarin to English) activity and engagement through various education, outreach, development and support efforts
- Write compelling newsletters, messages and other posts that inspire the community
- Serve as a bridge between the community and our product teams
- Bachelor's degree
- 0-2 years in online media industry or communications field
- Bilingual (or more!) in written and spoken English and Mandarin
- Knowledge of Chinese culture, TV, film and music
- Passionate and driven; high attention to detail
- Experience managing and growing an online community is a plus
- Experience with Photoshop or other design tools is a plus
- Great work ethic and ability to multi-task efficiently and independently
- Loves international pop culture and entertainment!
We are a small but diverse company, with more than 25 nationalities and 40 languages represented among our 100+ employees. Come help us break down barriers that stand between great entertainment and fans everywhere and help us make a difference as we grow.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Viki are considered property of Viki and are not subject to payment of agency fees.