Community | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Viki, a Rakuten Company (Japan Stock Exchange: 4755), is a global TV site with more than 32 million viewers a month watching the world’s primetime TV and movies, subtitled in 200 languages by a community of fans. With billions of videos viewed and more than 800 million words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere.
We are in search of a Community Advocate. This is a full-time position located in San Francisco and reports to the Manager, Community Support. Community Advocates are the heart and soul behind the Viki Help Center. They are passionate, organized, have great judgment and love communicating with our amazing community of viewers and volunteers. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Support our subtitling and viewing communities by serving as the initial point of contact for inbound requests into the Viki Help Center
- Identify, analyze and report on trends based on incoming issue reports and requests
- Coordinate with engineering and marketing teams to best answer questions and troubleshoot issues
- Help keep the FAQs in the Help Center up to date
- Bachelor's degree
- 0-2+ years experience
- Excellent written communications skills
- You love helping people
- Great work ethic and ability to multi-task efficiently and independently
- A love for online communities and social websites
- You love finding new and creative way to solving problems and puzzles
- Experience in customer service a plus
- Passion for foreign entertainment a plus
This is a unique and excellent opportunity to join a very small team and make a difference as we 100x growth. We’re small but diverse, with more than 25 nationalities and 40 languages represented among our 70+ employees. Come break down barriers that stand between great entertainment and fans everywhere.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Viki are considered property of Viki and are not subject to payment of agency fees.