VP of Sales, Northeast
Sales | REMOTE | Full Time
Location: Remote (New York or Boston preferred)
The impact of chronic conditions on health care is immense: chronic diseases, including diabetes and heart disease, affect up to 1 in 3 individuals. Up to 1 in 4 people also struggle with mental health concerns. These chronic conditions drive 80% of the over $3 trillion dollars we spend on healthcare in the US.
Vida is a virtual care company that combines a human-centric approach with technology to address chronic and co-occurring physical and behavioral health conditions. We provide personalized chronic condition management combined with health coaching and therapy through a mobile and online platform that supports individuals in managing and significantly improving conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity, depression, anxiety, etc. Our platform integrates deeply individual expert care with machine learning and remote monitoring to deliver lasting behavior change, health outcomes and cost savings.
Vida is in the business of enabling self-insured employers, health plans and providers to take better care of their employees and members. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers, and large providers to activate, engage, and empower their employees to live their healthiest lives. Based in San Francisco, CA, Vida is backed by investors including Canvas, Workday, Aspect, Khosla Ventures, Stanford, AME, and Nokia.
Reporting to Vida's Head of Sales, the VP of Sales, Northeast will be responsible for all commercial activity in the Northeast region. This individual will develop and execute on a strategic plan to sell to large employers both directly and leveraging key consultant relationships. S/he will build and manage the entire sales pipeline from new business prospecting to building relationships with potential clients to closing business and building channel partnerships. Initially, this will be an individual contributor role; however, this individual will have the opportunity to build and lead a team of strategic account executives as Vida continues to scale and grow its business across the region.
Possessing a strong understanding of the healthcare marketplace, this sales leader will identify and secure new business opportunities and partnerships with various players in the space, specifically targeting Fortune 1000 employers. Relationship-driven and mission-oriented, this commercial leader will build strong relationships with a consultative sales mindset. S/he will be passionate about our mission of providing high quality, cost-effective healthcare outcomes at scale.
- Lead operational and strategic efforts to build and grow our business across the Fortune 1000 employer base
- Responsible for increasing the customer base, customer loyalty, revenue per customer and top-line financial growth for the business
- Work closely with the leadership team, building brand equity and driving product sales across B2B clients
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of Vida’s technology, product offerings, and mission, contributing to all three equally
- Understand target customer’s business needs, leveraging consultative skillset to develop customized proposals
- Initiate, develop, and maintain strong executive and decision maker-level relationships
- Land and expand – grow accounts and client relationships leading to referrals
- Generate new business and sales leads through a mixture of networking and following up on marketing campaigns and inbound inquiries, along with strong channel partnership efforts
- Ensure a long-term competitive edge for the business through a value-added approach to prospects and customers
- Understand key and emerging market segments and the business drivers for each; help refine positioning as needed
- 7-10+ years of experience with both direct and indirect sales within the healthcare industry, and a history of overachieving on sales targets
- Deep experience and understanding of the healthcare, payer, and benefit space, with an impressive track record of engaging new business and building strong partnerships
- Proven experience of selling to Fortune 1000 employers as well as working with the major national, regional and local Consulting/Brokerage firms
- Action-oriented leader who self-starts and motivates others; executive who enjoys thinking about things in new ways and executing accordingly; thrives in a high-growth environment
- History of executing complex sales throughout the healthcare marketplace for a range of clients
- Relationship-oriented, people-centric, executive who leads with a mission-driven lens; track record of being a strong leader as well as a collaborative colleague
- Ability to change priorities quickly and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including healthy lunches and snacks
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- FSA and Commuter benefits
ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.