VP of Behavioral Health
Clinical and Medical Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At Vida, our mission is to eradicate chronic disease and transform people’s lives through improved health. There is huge potential to make an impact: 1 in 3 people in the U.S. has a chronic health condition, while 1 in 4 struggles with mental illness. Chronic conditions also represent a huge market opportunity at ~80% of our nation’s $3T in annual healthcare spend.
Vida is transforming healthcare through digital therapeutic programs and one-on-one health coaching and therapy to help individuals prevent, manage, and overcome chronic conditions. We apply data science and a human touch to drive a highly personalized experience through our easy-to-use mobile app. Our unique approach drives high user engagement, behavior change, and proven clinical outcomes. Vida serves employees/members of Fortune 500 companies, large national payers, and leading health systems.
About the role:
A critical part of our work involves continuing to iterate and build on our unique approach to helping these individuals reduce their risk and better manage their health. The Head / VP of Behavioral Health will lead all aspects of our behavioral health programs and therapy. In doing so, they will serve as the primary owner of the structure, content, and delivery of these programs while collaborating with internal partners across product, design, engineering, and research. They will also serve as a key champion for Vida’s evidenced-based culture.
You are a thought leader in behavioral science. You have been a successful developer of programmatic approaches, well versed in behavior change principles as well as the evidence on interventions to support people in learning to manage their conditions. You have deep knowledge of, and experience in various evidence-based therapy techniques, including cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, mindfulness based stress reduction, and other proven interventions. You aspire to leverage technology and personalization to provide the right approaches to the right people, with an eye towards measurably improving health outcomes.
- Lead efforts to build and iterate on Vida’s cognitive behavioral therapy and mindfulness programs
- Incorporate the best available evidence into the design of Vida’s interventions
- Build teams - recruit, hire, and train coaches and therapists from appropriate backgrounds to support the delivery of Vida’s behavioral health programs
- Oversee and guide our research team leading our clinical trials and studies and behavioral science analysis
- Lead the design of operational workflows for coaches and therapists with an eye towards balancing efficiency and outcomes and ensure appropriate implementation.
- Work with product and design leadership on program requirements and prioritize these requirements for development
- Represent the company as the public face on topics related to behavioral health
Required skills and qualifications:
- 10+ years experience in the field of behavioral health, with 5+ years of de novo program development based on literature and focused on achievement of specific outcomes, ideally in the context of delivering interventions via a technical platform (either desktop or mobile)
- Deep knowledge of therapeutic interventions and evidence around them
- Experience with delivery of cognitive behavioral therapy
- Experience leading and supervising a team
- Knowledge of legal and ethical considerations around remote delivery of therapeutic intervention
- MD or PhD preferred. Relevant fields include psychology, behavioral medicine, psychiatry, and similar disciplines
- Experience performing independent assessments of peer-reviewed literature
- Lead, plan and manage complex projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate research and outcomes data to a variety of audiences
- Proactive, collaborative, open-minded, innovative thinker and builder
- Experience in developing and delivering training to others on the delivery of a program
- Experience in clinical trial operations
- Knowledge of and experience in the digital and mobile health space
- Startup experience
- Experience working with leaders across multidisciplinary teams including product, design, and engineering
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including healthy lunches and snacks
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time
- FSA and Commuter benefits
ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.