Visual Product Designer
Product Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At Vida, we help individuals overcome chronic mental and physical health problems, once and for all. The impact of chronic conditions on health care is mind-boggling: In the US alone, chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease drive 80% of the over $3 trillion dollars we spend on healthcare which is at 18% of our GDP today. 1 in 3 individuals has a chronic health condition; 1 in 4 struggles with mental illness.
Trusted, personalized relationships are our hallmark and are at the heart of the Vida experience. Combined with evidence-backed health programs, digital experiences and a data science platform, Vida can help anyone transform their health.
We're looking for passionate designers who want to deliver truly transformative healthcare experiences. As a UX/UI Designer at Vida, you will be working on a wide variety of projects, from service design strategy, conducting user research to designing interaction patterns and data visualizations.
You will be joining a dynamic, mission-driven company as we start to scale. This is a full-time role at our vibrant office in downtown San Francisco.
You will work on:
- Apply user-centered design process to solve problems in emerging contexts that have little precedence
- Exploring a range of visual directions and participate in design reviews to make informed selections
- Iterate and refine visual systems based on stakeholder feedback.
- Sketching product concepts and participate in concepting sessions as part of a collaborative team
- Deeply understanding the art and the science of behavior change delivered at internet scale
- Translating complex human interactions and processes into human and/or digital ones that delight and support our members, coaches and customers
- Collaborating with engineers, product managers and our clinical and coaching teams to bring your designs to life
- Creating production assets and document visual systems for engineering teams as necessary
If many or most of the following items apply to you, we'd love to talk:
- 3+ years professional experience designing user friendly products for web and mobile
- A desire to have a large impact on the product
- An eye for detail and obsession with craft
- Experience in responsive and native mobile design
- A portfolio that demonstrates creative range and conceptual thinking across a variety of projects including responsive web, native iOS and Android mobile applications
- Superior communication skills. You can rationalize your design decisions and articulate your thoughts clearly to stakeholders
- Passion for design and the evolution of the interactive user experience
- Proficiency of creating visual designs with appropriate software toolbox
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
- A master’s degree in a related field
- Passion for designing in the health and wellness space
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, weekly team runs, etc.
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time
MORE ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs from a network of experienced health care providers and leading medical institutions. Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider.