Internal Application: Senior Web/Mobile Product Designer
Product Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At Vida, we help individuals overcome chronic mental and physical health problems, once and for all. The impact of chronic conditions on health care is mind-boggling: In the US alone, chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease drive 80% of the over $3 trillion dollars we spend on health care which is at 18% of our GDP today. 1 in 3 individuals has a chronic health condition; 1 in 4 struggles with mental illness.
Trusted, personalized relationships are our hallmark and are at the heart of the Vida experience. Combined with evidence-backed health programs, digital experiences and a data science platform, Vida can help anyone transform their health.
We're looking for a passionate designer who wants to deliver truly transformative healthcare experiences. As a Senior Product Designer at Vida, you will be working on a wide variety of projects on web and mobile, from service design strategy, conducting user research to designing interaction patterns and data visualizations.
You will be joining a dynamic, mission-driven company as we start to scale. This is a full-time role at our vibrant office in downtown San Francisco.
You will work on:
- Deeply understanding the art and the science of behavior change delivered at internet scale
- Translating complex human interactions and processes into human and/or digital ones that delight and support our members, coaches and customers
- Collaborating with engineers, product managers and our clinical and coaching teams to bring your designs to life
- Creating pixel-perfect mock-ups for web, tablet and mobile
- Conduct user research, both ethnographic and usability studies
If many or most of the following items apply to you, we'd love to talk:
- A desire to have a large impact on the product
- An eye for detail and obsession with craft
- Experience in responsive and native mobile design
- Ability to work through and effectively structure complex workflows with whiteboards, flow charts, and wireframes
- Confidence in user testing tools (and the knowledge to translate the results)
- 5-8 years professional experience designing user friendly products for web and mobile
- A portfolio that demonstrates UX design thinking and skills in a variety of projects including responsive web, native iOS and/or Android mobile applications
- Experience conducting, synthesizing and applying design research
- Strong sensibility for what makes an overall excellent consumer product experience, allied to a systems thinking mindset would be a strong plus
- Solid understanding of how design decisions impact scope and complexity of product development
- A master’s degree in a related field
- Passion for designing in the health and wellness space
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, access to an on-site Gym, and weekly team runs
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time
ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.