Senior Software Engineer - Web/Front-end Infrastructure
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At Vida Health, we are passionate about transforming lives through better health. We live our vision everyday by creating solutions for preventing and reversing chronic conditions resulting in lower health care costs and better lifestyles for our customers.
We are a passionate team that loves building solutions to enable great outcomes for our members. The team is small enough that you can make an immediate impact on our products but also big enough for you to find your niche and focus on a particular area or technology to transform and further your career aspirations.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about providing the best experience possible to our users – from UI/UX design to speed and performance. This position is full-time and based in our San Francisco office.
- Provide technical leadership through code reviews, pair programming and mentorship to assist your peers in achieving engineering excellence.
- Monitor, analyze, and enhance the performance, stability, efficiency, and security of Vida’s mid-tier application layer
- Build, support, and evangelize frameworks, dev tools, and best practices to improve developer experience and productivity
- Own the feature development process and partner with Product and Design to develop beautiful interfaces that delight and run smoothly
Required Skills and Responsibilities
- Solid engineering capability with an eye towards performance, responsiveness, and user experience
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, gather feedback, and architecting solutions
- Experience with mid-tier infrastructure like Django, Ruby, Node.js and GraphQL
- Experience with devops/CI tools such as Kubernetes, Travis, Jenkins
- Experience with RxJS is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, and weekly team runs
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time
- FSA and Commuter benefits
- 401K (no company match at this time)
ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.