Senior Product Designer
Product Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At Vida, we help individuals overcome chronic mental and physical health problems, once and for all. The impact of chronic conditions on health care is mind-boggling: In the US alone, chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease drive 80% of the over $3 trillion dollars we spend on healthcare which is at 18% of our GDP today. 1 in 3 individuals has a chronic health condition; 1 in 4 struggles with mental illness.
Trusted, personalized relationships are our hallmark and are at the heart of the Vida experience. Combined with evidence-backed health programs, digital experiences and a data science platform, Vida can help anyone transform their health.
We're looking for passionate designers who want to deliver truly transformative healthcare experiences. As a Senior Product Designer at Vida, you will be working on a wide variety of projects, from service design strategy, conducting user research to designing interaction patterns and data visualizations.
You will be joining a dynamic, mission-driven company as we start to scale. This is a full-time role at our vibrant office in downtown San Francisco.
You will work on:
Deeply understanding the art and the science of behavior change delivered at internet scale
Translating complex human interactions and processes into human and/or digital ones that delight and support our members, coaches and customers
Collaborating with designers, engineers, product managers and our clinical and coaching teams to bring your designs to life
Creating beautifully intuitive, motivating interactive mockups and flows for web and mobile
Conduct user research, both ethnographic and usability studies
If many or most of the following items apply to you, we'd love to talk:
- A desire to have a large impact on the product
- An eye for detail and obsession with craft
- Ability to work through and effectively structure complex workflows with whiteboards, flow charts, wireframes and prototypes
- Confidence in user testing tools (and the knowledge to translate the results)
- 5-8 years professional experience designing user-friendly products for web and mobile
- A portfolio that demonstrates UX design thinking and skills in a variety of projects including responsive web, native iOS and Android mobile applications
- Experience conducting, synthesizing and applying design research
- Strong sensibility for what makes an overall excellent consumer product experience, allied to a systems thinking mindset would be a strong plus
- Strong visual awareness and sensibilities, ability to deliver mockups and create redlines and assets
- Solid understanding of how design decisions impact scope and complexity of product development
- Helped instill a design culture in the company as a whole
- Promote and evangelize best practices, design tooling, with a mentality for efficiency and simplicity
- Worked with maintaining, adding to, or creating design systems
- Have worked on projects that have shipped
A master’s degree in a related field
Previous experience in behavior change and design
Passion for designing in the health and wellness space
Benefits & Perks:
Competitive compensation including stock options
A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, and daily meditations
Health, Vision, Dental and Gym Membership Benefits
Flexible vacation time
ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs from a network of experienced health care providers and leading medical institutions. Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider.