Senior Payroll Specialist
Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The impact of chronic conditions on health care is mind-boggling: In the US alone, chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease drive 80% of the over $3 trillion dollars we spend on health care. 1 in 3 individuals has a chronic health condition; 1 in 4 struggles with mental illness. Vida Health is working to help people better manage their health, supporting clients in making positive changes to the way they live by connecting individuals with chronic conditions, depression, or anxiety with coaches and therapists.
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to join our growing team, and be a part of our mission of lowering healthcare costs and improving health outcomes. You will be responsible for processing multi-state payroll semi-monthly for exempt and non-exempt U.S. employees. Successful person in this role will have proven similar experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll for a growing team of employees and consultants while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local payroll tax regulations
- Process retroactive payments, leave payments, commissions, bonuses, reimbursements, etc.
- Enroll new hires, and process terminations
- Manage payroll imports into Gusto and Zenefits, including master file and pay data additions and changes
- Monitor all payroll and expense reimbursement related inquiries and provide prompt and courteous customer service
- Ensure timely supervisor approval of all non-exempt employee timesheets, in addition to accurately processing timesheet data
- Complete Employment Verifications on a timely basis, ensuring compliance with e-verify regulations
- Perform monthly payroll close duties including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assist with year-end audit and regulatory filings
- Compile payroll reports and dashboards as needed
- 5-7+ years of multi-state payroll processing experience, with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Experience with Gusto, Expensify, Zenefits, QuickBooks Online; G-suite and/or Microsoft Office experience; advanced spreadsheet skills a plus.
- Good knowledge of general payroll protocols, accounting principles, Federal, State, and local regulations
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and work well under time pressure
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and work with limited supervision
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including walking 1:1s, healthy food & snacks, fitness challenges, and weekly team runs
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible vacation time
- FSA and Commuter benefits
ABOUT VIDA HEALTH: Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. 133 million people in the U.S. live with a chronic condition, 70% of the $3T healthcare spend in the U.S. goes to preventable chronic conditions.